Keto Coconut Macaroons
- 4 large egg whites ,
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar ,
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use swerve)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract ,
- 3 cups coconut (I use swerve)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate your eggs carefully. Place your egg whites in a large bowl and beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on high with either a standup mixer or egg beaters. . Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Once the peaks form, add the sugar substitute, make sure you are now beating on low and that your do not over mix. Fold in the grated coconut and almond extract. Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly brown. Allow to cool. Makes 2 dozen macaroons.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:31:01.