Keto Coconut Macaroons
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use swerve)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups coconut (I use swerve)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate your eggs carefully.
- Place your egg whites in a large bowl and beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on high with either a standup mixer or egg beaters.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Once the peaks form, add the sugar substitute, make sure you are now beating on low and that your do not over mix.
- Fold in the grated coconut and almond extract.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Makes 2 dozen macaroons.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:31:01.