Keto Chocolate Silk Pie
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup stevia (granulated, /erythritol blend)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter (granulated, /erythritol blend)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (granulated, /erythritol blend)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup stevia (granulated, /erythritol blend)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons stevia (granulated, /erythritol blend)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (granulated, /erythritol blend)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously butter a 9 pie pan with 1 tsp.
- butter In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, salt and 1/3 cup stevia/erythritol blend.
- Using a whisk, blend the dry ingredients together.
- Add butter to dry ingredients.
- Using a pastry blender, whisk or a fork, cut the butter into dry ingredients until the mixture forms into coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir until the dough forms into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and spread out the dough using your fingers until it evenly covers the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Wetting your hands with cold water can help prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers.
- Flute edges if desired.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom and sides of crust to prevent bubbles from forming as it bakes.
- Place crust in the oven and bake for 11 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and loosely cover edges with foil.
- Return it to oven for 5 to 8 more minutes or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before filling.
- To prepare the filling, place cream cheese, sour cream, butter, vanilla extract, ½ cup stevia/erythritol blend and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Using a mixer on low speed, blend ingredients to combine, then increase to high speed and beat until fluffy.
- Place the whipping cream in a separate small bowl.
- Using clean mixer beaters, whip the cream on high speed until soft peaks for.
- Add the 2 tsp.
- sweetener and 1 tsp.
- vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture to lighten.
- Add remaining whipped cream mixture and fold it in gently.
- The idea is to blend the two mixtures together without breaking the bubbles in the cream.
- Scoop the filling into the crust and smooth the top with a spoon.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:08:49.