Keto Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1 pinch salt (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons water (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons herbs (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- Place the cream and butter into a small sauce pan and gently heat up.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and keep aside.
- Stir until melted and bring to a simmer.
- Once you see bubbles, take off the heat.
- Add grated cheddar cheese and...
- mix until smooth and creamy.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, cook for 3-5 more minutes while stirring.
- If too thick, add a splash of water or cream.
- Once refrigerated and reheated, the butter separates and the cheese clumps which you want to avoid.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:58.