Keto Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1 pinch salt (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons water (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ,
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ,
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder ,
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika ,
- 4 tablespoons herbs (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- Place the cream and butter into a small sauce pan and gently heat up. Grate the cheddar cheese and keep aside. (photos shown are for 8 servings - double the recipe) Once heated, add the cream cheese into the sauce pan. Stir until melted and bring to a simmer. Once you see bubbles, take off the heat. Add grated cheddar cheese and... ... mix until smooth and creamy. If you prefer a thicker sauce, cook for 3-5 more minutes while stirring. If too thick, add a splash of water or cream. Serve over steamed vegetables, fish and meat! If you can't use the whole recipe, only make one serving. The sauce should be eaten immediately or kept at room temperature before serving. Once refrigerated and reheated, the butter separates and the cheese clumps which you want to avoid.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:58.