Grain-Free Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 144 grams almond flour
- 35 grams coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 54 grams grass-fed butter (cold and diced)
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 40 grams grass-fed butter (cold and diced)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- See recipe video for guidance! Add almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sweetener and continue to beat until thoroughly light and fluffy and much of the sweetener has dissolved.
- Add in egg, mixing until just incorporated.
- The mixture will appear slightly 'broken' (i.e.
- not thoroughly smooth).
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated.
- Mix in the rest.Wrap cereal dough with cling film (saran wrap) and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 3 days.Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until nice and thin.
- Using a ruler, cut dough lengthwise and then crosswise into squares.
- Prick each piece with a small fork (optional).
- Transfer parchment paper with the keto cinnamon toast crunch to a baking sheet or tray, and place in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- The shaped dough can be frozen for up to 3 months, and baked straight from the freezer (adding 2-3 minutes more to the baking time).Bake for 8-12 minutes, until fully golden (depending on size and thickness).
- Keep an eye out for them, and note that if you like them crisp you'll want to push the baking time as much as possible (until deep golden).
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon 'sugar'.
- You can also do this prior to baking for a more 'crusty' result, both work well just depending on your preference so feel free to experiment.Allow to cool for ten minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely, as they'll continue to crunch up (this may take a few hours for the sweetener to harden up again!).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:54.