Crunchy Keto Chicken Drumsticks With Coleslaw
- 2 pounds chicken (drumstickchicken drumsticks)
- 8 tablespoons sour cream (drumstickchicken drumsticks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 17 ounces pork rind
- 3 ounces unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound green cabbage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together a marinade of jerk seasoning, salt and sour cream.
- Pour into a big plastic bag with the drumsticks.
- Do not remove the skin! Shake thoroughly and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the drumsticks from the bag.
- Discard the bag with the marinade.
- Put the drumsticks in a new, clean bag.
- Blend pork rinds into fine crumbs in a blender or food processor.
- Add coconut flakes and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the crumbs into a new, clean bag with the marinated chicken and shake vigorously.
- Place the drumsticks in a greased baking dish, preferably on a roasting rack.
- A broiler pan is another good option.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 40–45 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the drumsticks after half the time.
- If the breading has already turned a nice color, lower the heat.
- The coconut flakes are heat sensitive.
- Meanwhile, make your cole slaw.
- Shred the cabbage finely with a sharp knife, mandolin or the slicing blade in a food processor.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl and add salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:03.