Basil & Macadamia Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- Wash the basil, peel and mash the garlic, juice and zest the lemon.
- Place the oil, basil, garlic, lemon, macadamia and pine nuts, salt and pepper into a food processor ...
- and pulse until smooth.
- Optionally, add grated parmesan cheese and pulse for a few more seconds.
- I used Bamix hand blender with a chopping bowl attachment.
- When done, use immediately or spoon the mixture in a glass jar, top with a bit of olive oil and seal properly with a lid.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:05.