- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup lemon juice (bottled or fresh)
- Start by making your basil syrup.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, add the basil, and cover with the water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Strain out basil, and add stevia to the water.
- Stir in stevia.
- Store syrup in the fridge.
- To make lemonade:
- Add 2 cups syrup to a gallon sized pitcher.
- Stir in 1 cup lemon juice.
- Add 8 cups fresh, cold water.
- Fill remainder of pitcher with ice.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:10.