Asiago Sun-dried Tomato Chicken “Pasta”
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 spaghetti squash (large)
- 1 cup red onion (large)
- 2 cloves garlic (large)
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (large)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup asiago
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup fresh bacon (large)
- Cut spaghetti squash (I cut mine into about 4 rings) – place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 350.
- It will need to cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- When it is cooled, fork spaghetti out of it and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1.5 cups cream and 1/2 cup chicken stock to a boil, then turn the heat down so it doesn’t bubble over.
- Add sundried tomatoes, asiago cheese and xanthan gum.
- Whisk on low for a couple of minutes while it thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook bacon until brown – crumble and set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts (I grilled mine) – slice thinly, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add bacon, red onion and bacon grease.
- Saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add in garlic.
- Then add green onions, chicken and 1 cup cream.
- Cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in asiago sauce and cayenne pepper and garlic salt.
- Mix in spaghetti squash.
- Cook everything together for about five minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- Total Fat: 32g
- Total Protein: 31g
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:51:51.