5 Ingredient Keto Cookies
- 1 almonds (recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F.
- Make the Almond & Cashew Butter by following this recipe.
- Since you will be baking the nut butter, you can skip roasting the nuts.
- I use this mixer with a food processor attachment to make any nut, seed or coconut butter in just a few minutes.
- Mix the nut butter with softened coconut butter.
- How to soften nut or coconut butter: Place it in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water.
- Bring to a boil over a medium heat and let it melt.
- Add the powdered Erythritol, salt ...
- and egg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, crate small cookie dough balls (one should be about 1 1/2 oz).
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon baking mat.
- Using a fork, press down to flatten each cookie ball until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Keep an eye on the cookies - nuts burn faster than regular flour cookies.
- When done, remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- At first, they will be fragile but will harden as they chill.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:51.