5 Ingredient Keto Cookies
- 1 almonds (recipe,
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 large eggs ,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (recipe, & Cashew Butter or almond butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F. Make the Almond & Cashew Butter by following this recipe. Since you will be baking the nut butter, you can skip roasting the nuts. I use this mixer with a food processor attachment to make any nut, seed or coconut butter in just a few minutes. Mix the nut butter with softened coconut butter. How to soften nut or coconut butter: Place it in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water. Bring to a boil over a medium heat and let it melt. Add the powdered Erythritol, salt ... ... and egg. Mix until well combined. Using your hands, crate small cookie dough balls (one should be about 1 1/2 oz). Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon baking mat. Using a fork, press down to flatten each cookie ball until about 1/2-inch thick. Place in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep an eye on the cookies - nuts burn faster than regular flour cookies. When done, remove from the oven and let them cool down. At first, they will be fragile but will harden as they chill. Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:51.