Toasted Coconut & Caramel
- 3 eggs ,
- 2 tablespoons butter (REAL, melted)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ,
- 1 tablespoon stevia (REAL, melted)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (REAL, melted)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (REAL, melted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 1/4 cup almond milk ,
- 1 cup coconut (REAL, melted)
- 1/2 cup syrup (REAL, melted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Butter or grease your pan of choice. This is a simple one bowl recipe. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer- beat eggs, vanilla, butter and sweetener until fluffy. Stir in flour, spices, baking powder and almond milk until well combined. Spoon into pan. Bake 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375º and bake an additional 5-8 mins or until golden brown and firm. A toothpick inserted should come out clean. Allow the keto donuts to cool completely in the pan before removing. (Or you will lose some, like I did, oops!) For the topping Spread coconut evenly on a sheet pan. Bake on 375º until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in fiber syrup. Bring to a soft rolling boil for about 3 minutes or until syrup changes to a nice caramel color. Remove from heat. Assemble your keto donuts but dipping the top in the caramel and then into the toasted coconut! Enjoy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:26.