Toasted Coconut & Caramel
- 2 tablespoons butter (REAL, melted)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon stevia (REAL, melted)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (REAL, melted)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (REAL, melted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut (REAL, melted)
- 1/2 cup syrup (REAL, melted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 325º.
- Butter or grease your pan of choice.
- This is a simple one bowl recipe.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer- beat eggs, vanilla, butter and sweetener until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, spices, baking powder and almond milk until well combined.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375º and bake an additional 5-8 mins or until golden brown and firm.
- A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Allow the keto donuts to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- (Or you will lose some, like I did, oops!)
- For the topping Spread coconut evenly on a sheet pan.
- Bake on 375º until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in fiber syrup.
- Bring to a soft rolling boil for about 3 minutes or until syrup changes to a nice caramel color.
- Remove from heat.
- Assemble your keto donuts but dipping the top in the caramel and then into the toasted coconut! Enjoy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:26.