Thin Keto Pizza Crust
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 3/4 cup flax seed meal (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons dough
- Prepare the tortilla dough by following this recipe.
- You'll use the same ingredients like you would to make tortillas, apart from the oil which is not needed in this recipe.
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Divide the dough in 6 equal pieces (or 3 when making large pizza crusts).
- Place a piece of the dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll out until the dough is very thin.
- Use your fingers to roll the edges in creating a rim to hold the pizza filling.
- Alternatively, use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat like I did.
- Place the pizza crusts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and firm.
- When done, remove from the oven and add your favourite pizza toppings (pepperoni, tomatoes, spinach, minced meat, eggs, mushrooms, etc).
- If you don't use it straight away, let it cool down and store in an airtight container or a wrap for up to 2 weeks.
- Try with this delicious pizza topping, Eggs Florentine!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:52.