Thin Keto Pizza Crust
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 3/4 cup flax seed meal (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 cup water ,
- 4 tablespoons dough
- Prepare the tortilla dough by following this recipe. You'll use the same ingredients like you would to make tortillas, apart from the oil which is not needed in this recipe. Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Divide the dough in 6 equal pieces (or 3 when making large pizza crusts). Place a piece of the dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll out until the dough is very thin. Use your fingers to roll the edges in creating a rim to hold the pizza filling. Alternatively, use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat like I did. Place the pizza crusts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and firm. When done, remove from the oven and add your favourite pizza toppings (pepperoni, tomatoes, spinach, minced meat, eggs, mushrooms, etc). If you don't use it straight away, let it cool down and store in an airtight container or a wrap for up to 2 weeks. Try with this delicious pizza topping, Eggs Florentine!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:52.