Secret Ingredient Low-Carb Granola
- 1/4 cup pinenuts (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups whole almonds (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup pecans (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup pepitas (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1 cup coconut (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sugar (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pre-heat oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F.
- Combine all nuts, seeds and spices, except for the salt and orange zest, into a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan or carefully in the microwave.
- Add the sugar-free maple syrup and mix well.
- Pour melted ingredients into nut and seed mix and combine thoroughly.
- Spread mixture out in an even layer onto a lined baking tray and bake for 60 minutes.
- Stir every 15 minutes and keep a close eye on it after the 45 minute mark, it can easily go from toasted to scorched.
- Once brown and crunchy, remove from oven and let cool.
- While still warm, but not hot, sprinkle sea salt and orange zest over granola and stir through.
- Once chilled, transfer into a jar or airtight container and keep at room temperature for up to a month.
- If it's not enough, eat 1/2 cup - it will still be very low in carbs!).
- Serve with plain full-fat yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:12.