One-Pan Lemon Butter Chicken with Asparagus
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 large)
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 large)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (2 large)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (2 large)
- 1/4 cup honey (2 large)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley (2 large)
- cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus (2 large)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- Honey lemon butter sauce 1.
- In a medium skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat, then add in the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce, honey (if using), and fresh minced parsley.
- Simmer on medium-low for 3-5 minutes until the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Adjust seasoning with fresh cracked pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- The chicken 1.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally; pound each piece to flatten regularly, if necessary.
- Place the coconut flour and a good pinch of salt in a shallow dish and gently dredge chicken breast in the dish to coat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and saute for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden.
- When the chicken is nicely colored and cooked through, remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- The veggies 1.
- Lay lemon slices on the bottom of the same skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side, so that they caramelize a bit.
- Press them to scrape the browned bits left in the pan from the chicken and butter.
- Remove the lemon slices from the pan and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the same pan, with a dollop of butter.
- Saute for a few minutes until bright green and tender crisp.
- Drizzle with a bot of honey lemon butter sauce to coat.
- Finally, bring back chicken in the skillet and layer over the asparagus and top with lemon slices.
- Adjust seasoning and serve directly from the skillet, with a good drizzle of the honey lemon butter sauce.
- Note: Feel free to substitute wheat flour by coconut flour to coat chicken for a gluten-free, lower carb version.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:21.