Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream (Keto and Dairy-free)
- 2 avocado (large ripe
- 1 can coconut milk (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 20 drops stevia extract (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla beans
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon mint extract (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 1 package dark chocolate chips (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons glycerin
- 1 calorie sugar
- oil (about ¼ cup.)
- ice cream (large ripe, 400 g / 14.2 oz)
- Halve the avocado and scoop the pulp in a bowl.
- Very ripe avocados work best! Add coconut milk, mint, powdered Erythritol and stevia.
- I keep my coconut milk in the fridge, so it creamed but it's not required in this recipe.
- Use the whole can - the cream and the water.
- You can use heavy whipping cream or almond milk instead of the coconut milk.
- Add vanilla (and optionally mint extract, ideally spearmint) ...
- Adding alcohol-based extracts prevents the ice-cream from getting too hard.
- and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into the ice-cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- It may take anything between 30-60 minutes depending on your ice-cream maker.
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, freeze the coconut milk (or cream) and blend with the rest of ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips).
- Then, add the chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
- Meanwhile, chop the dark chocolate into small pieces or use chocolate chips.
- When the ice-cream is done, add the chocolate and mix with a spatula to distribute it evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes if the ice-cream is too soft.
- Ice-cream straight from the freezer may be too hard but you know the trick.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:38.