Meringue Keto Cookies
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup stevia (granulated, or equiv)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (granulated, or equiv)
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, lemon juice and salt until foamy.
- Add the stevia slowly and continue beating until fully mixed.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts, beating until glossy and medium-stiff peaks form.
- Pipe (or spoon) mixture into 30 mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes at 300 F.
- Lower oven temperature to 250 F and bake 20 more minutes.
- Lower oven temperature again to 200 F and bake another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven heat.
- Let meringues cool in the oven 1 to 2 hours.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted low carb dark chocolate!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:29.