Low Carb Vegan Pecan Swirl Cookies
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 51 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute (granulated)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (granulated)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar substitute and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Add in coconut flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Everything will kind of form a dough ball.
- Let this dough ball sit for a few minutes.
- Combine the filling ingredients into another small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper into a rectangle that is about 12" long, 4" wide and 1/4" thick.
- It doesn't have to be perfect! Cling wrap could work for this as well.
- Spread the filling mixture over the dough rectangle, being sure to get a little bit into each part, and leaving about a half inch of space all around.
- Using the parchment to aid you, slowly roll the dough into a a log.
- This is not the easiest thing in the world, and it will probably crack, but don't worry about that! I try to do this as slowly as possible, and fix cracks as I go.
- Once the roll is all, well...rolled, wrap it back in the parchment, and gently squeeze down the roll to try and tighten everything up.
- I roll it gently on the table a few times.
- Chill this for about 5-10 minutes in the freezer to firm it up.
- Remove from the freezer, slice into 1/2" disks, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden and it is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before transferring.
- This is important, as the sugar alcohols will not set up when warm, and everything will crumble.
- Trust me on this, they need to cool.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:09.