Low Carb Smoked Salmon Stuffed Avocados (Healthy Keto Recipe)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- black pepper (Salt)
- chili flakes (Salt)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve the avocados, then remove the large pit—I do this by holding the avocado carefully, fingers out of the way, and hitting it with a sharp knife blade.
- The pit then sticks to the blade and it comes out cleanly.
- If the hole looks small, scoop out a small bit extra with a spoon.
- Arrange the avocado halves on a cookie sheet, and line the hollows with strips of smoked salmon.
- Crack each of the eggs into a small bowl, then spoon the yolks and however much white the avocado will hold.
- Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper on top of the eggs, to taste.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes if desired.
- Gently place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the eggs look cooked.
- Dot with Sriracha, serve warm and enjoy! Serves 4.
- If you’re following a ketogenic (keto diet) or other type of low-carb diet, this is a perfect snack or meal!
- You should also know that this recipe is an almost perfect low-glycemic snack for Diabetics, due to it’s blend of fiber, healthy fats, protein from the salmon and eggs, antioxidants, and almost zero carbs that impact blood sugar
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:06.