Low Carb Portabella Sliders - Keto, Gluten-Free
- 1 pound grassfed beef (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms ,
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 4 tablespoons yellow onion (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 2 dill pickles (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ,
- 12 basil leaves ,
- mayonnaise ,
- sriracha sauce ,
- ketchup ,
- yellow mustard ,
- salt ,
- Remove stems from portabella mushroom caps and wipe with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt or debris. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add mushroom caps and cook for 2 minutes on each side, allowing mushrooms to cook through but retain firmness. -Remove mushrooms from pan and place on paper towels to allow liquid to drain off. -Divide the ground beef into 12 portions, rolling each into a small disc shape. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a large grill pan, heat remaining tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the meat and allow to cook for 3 minutes on one side. Flip and allow to cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Cook to desired level of doneness (I like burgers cooked to medium). -Stack a mushroom, burger, cheese, onion, pickles and your choice of condiments. Top with second mushroom cap and add a basil leaf for garnish. Use a toothpick to hold. Serve and enjoy! Nutritional Information (per slider): 267 calories, 20.1 grams fat, 1.3 grams carbohydrate, .3 grams dietary fiber, 1 net carb, 10.4 grams protein.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:02.