Low Carb Portabella Sliders - Keto, Gluten-Free
- 1 pound grassfed beef (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 4 tablespoons yellow onion (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 2 dill pickles (I like 80/20 for burgers)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 basil leaves
- sriracha sauce
- yellow mustard
- Remove stems from portabella mushroom caps and wipe with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt or debris.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushroom caps and cook for 2 minutes on each side, allowing mushrooms to cook through but retain firmness.
- -Remove mushrooms from pan and place on paper towels to allow liquid to drain off.
- -Divide the ground beef into 12 portions, rolling each into a small disc shape.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large grill pan, heat remaining tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the meat and allow to cook for 3 minutes on one side.
- Flip and allow to cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- Cook to desired level of doneness (I like burgers cooked to medium).
- -Stack a mushroom, burger, cheese, onion, pickles and your choice of condiments.
- Top with second mushroom cap and add a basil leaf for garnish.
- Use a toothpick to hold.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:02.