Low-Carb Pork, Sage & Bacon Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 1 buns (Keto
- 1 yellow onion (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 500 grams minced pork (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 3 leaves sage leaves (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 6 bacon (thin-cut slices
- 1/2 lemon (organic
- 1/2 medium zucchini (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 35 grams dried cranberries (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 50 grams macadamia nuts (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or ghee, 15 ml)
- 1 pinch salt (or ghee, 15 ml)
- focaccia bread
- flax seeds
- buns (Psyllium-Free Low-Carb
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted).
- Peel and chop the onion into big chunks.
- Blitz in food processor until fine.
- Alternatively, chop fine by hand.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and fry the onion of a low heat for 5 - 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Finely chop the sage leaves and 1 slice of bacon.
- Blitz 30 g of the Keto bread into breadcrumbs in a food processor.
- Chop the rest into small croutons about 1 cm (1/2 inch) in diameter.
- Grate the courgette and squeeze out the water using a muslin cloth or your hands Place the pork mince, chopped sage leaves, cooked onion, chopped 1 slice of bacon, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, grated courgette, most of the cranberries and macadamias (keep some for later) and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Place the stuffing mix in a heat proof casserole dish.
- Press the Keto stuffing to the edges.
- Rub the butter into the croutons.
- Top the stuffing with the remaining croutons, cranberries and macadamia.
- Finally layer in strip the 5 slices of bacon.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, carefully remove from the oven, lift off the bacon, fluff the stuffing up with a fork.
- (Depending on the fat content of the pork you may choose to drain some, I used a leaner 10% fat and stirred didnt drain the juices as this is what makes it taste so good.) Add the stock and fluff again.
- Place the bacon back on top and roast back in the oven for a further 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Enjoy or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:24.