Low-Carb Ice Cream Sugar Cones
- 2/3 cup almond flour (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup ghee (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- Preheat your cone maker to medium (here's a good cone maker on Amazon).
- In a bowl, place the almond flour, psyllium, vanilla powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk, sweetener and melted ghee.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the batter (about 3 tablespoons per wafer) in the cone maker and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-6 minutes, or until it's lightly browned and cooked through (the time depends on the cone maker and temperature setting).
- Once ready, use a spatula and cone shaper to fold the hot wafer around it.
- Place on a plate or a chopping board and let it cool down for 1-2 minutes.
- As it cools down, the wafer will harden.
- Then, you can remove the cone shaper and let it cool to room temperature.
- Repeat for the remaining cones (9-10 per recipe).
- Once cooled, place them gently one inside another and store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- Serve with a scoop or two of your favourite keto ice-cream - there are plenty of recipes on my blog.
- The pictured ice-cream is a variation of my Fat-Burning Berry Ice-Cream from the KetoDiet App.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:17.