Low-Carb Ice Cream Sugar Cones
- 2/3 cup almond flour (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 pinch salt ,
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup ghee (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 2 large eggs ,
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- Preheat your cone maker to medium (here's a good cone maker on Amazon). In a bowl, place the almond flour, psyllium, vanilla powder and salt. In another bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk, sweetener and melted ghee. Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the eggs and mix well. Pour the batter (about 3 tablespoons per wafer) in the cone maker and close the lid. Cook for 3-6 minutes, or until it's lightly browned and cooked through (the time depends on the cone maker and temperature setting). Once ready, use a spatula and cone shaper to fold the hot wafer around it. Place on a plate or a chopping board and let it cool down for 1-2 minutes. As it cools down, the wafer will harden. Then, you can remove the cone shaper and let it cool to room temperature. Repeat for the remaining cones (9-10 per recipe). Once cooled, place them gently one inside another and store in an airtight container for up to a month. Serve with a scoop or two of your favourite keto ice-cream - there are plenty of recipes on my blog. The pictured ice-cream is a variation of my Fat-Burning Berry Ice-Cream from the KetoDiet App.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:17.