Low-Carb Creamed Spinach
- 600 grams fresh spinach (1.3 lb)
- 2 tablespoons butter (1.3 lb)
- 1/3 cup mascarpone (1.3 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (1.3 lb)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Blanch the spinach for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Immediately plunge the spinach into a bowl filled with ice water.
- Drain well, pat dry, and set aside.
- Place the butter and mascarpone in a saucepan, and add the blanched spinach and combine.
- Add salt, pepper to taste and nutmeg.
- Gently heat until it begins to simmer.
- Then mix in the Parmesan.
- Serve topped with more grated Parmesan.
- Optionally, you can place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp and lightly golden.
- Serve immediately or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:32.