Low Carb Chocolate Mint Truffles
- 1/2 cup cream
- 100 grams chocolate (I used 90% Lindt)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used 90% Lindt)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon essence (I used 90% Lindt)
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan.
- Bring the cream up to a simmer over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and quickly add the chocolate, sweetener, butter and peppermint essence.
- Stir quickly and gently to melt the chocolate and butter and help the sweetener dissolve.
- Taste a tiny amount to check it's sweet and minty enough to your liking, stirring through more sweetener or peppermint essence if you think it needs it.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for a few hours until thickened and the mixture can easily be rolled into balls.
- Once the truffles mixture has thickened, remove from the fridge and roll into balls, using a teaspoon of the mixture per ball.
- You could leave the balls as is or dip into cacao, coconut or more melted chocolate.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:43.