Low-Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Spread aka Keto Nutella
- 1 cup hazelnuts (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup almonds (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 drops liquid stevia (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F/190 °C.
- Spread the hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, and almonds on a baking tray and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- If using whole unpeeled hazelnuts: Once roasted and cooled, rub the hazelnuts together in your hands to remove the skins.
- This makes the butter smooth and avoids the bitter taste imparted by the skins.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with coconut oil in a water bath.
- Place a bowl over a pot with boiling water and let the chocolate melt while stirring.
- Make sure the water doesnt touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the nuts into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, coconut oil, powdered erythritol, cacao powder and vanilla powder.
- Pulse until smooth.
- If youre using coconut milk, slowly drizzle it to the processor while blending (to prevent the chocolate from splitting, use warm coconut milk or cream).
- Pour into a jar and let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 3 months (or up to 1 week if you're using cream or coconut milk).
- Enjoy just like you would Nutella!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:27.