Low-Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Spread aka Keto Nutella
- 1 cup hazelnuts (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup almonds (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 bar dark chocolate ,
- 85 cacao ,
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder ,
- 2 teaspoons sugar ,
- 3 drops liquid stevia (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (peeled, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F/190 °C. Spread the hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, and almonds on a baking tray and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes. If using whole unpeeled hazelnuts: Once roasted and cooled, rub the hazelnuts together in your hands to remove the skins. This makes the butter smooth and avoids the bitter taste imparted by the skins. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with coconut oil in a water bath. Place a bowl over a pot with boiling water and let the chocolate melt while stirring. Make sure the water doesnt touch the bottom of the bowl. Place the nuts into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, coconut oil, powdered erythritol, cacao powder and vanilla powder. Pulse until smooth. If youre using coconut milk, slowly drizzle it to the processor while blending (to prevent the chocolate from splitting, use warm coconut milk or cream). Pour into a jar and let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 3 months (or up to 1 week if you're using cream or coconut milk). Enjoy just like you would Nutella!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:27.