Keto Toad in the Hole
- 3 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 cup whey
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon herb mix (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons duck fat (free-range or organic)
- 8 sausages (average
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Once hot, grease a baking pan with the duck fat and place the sausages in.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter by mixing the eggs with coconut milk...
- and almond milk.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add the baking soda, onion powder, ...
- garlic powder, dried herbs and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Mix the de-oiled almond flour and protein powder.
- Sift the dry mixture through a sieve and mix in the batter.
- This way you will avoid lumps and achieve a smooth texture.
- Pour the batter into the pan with sausages and place back in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Enjoy hot or cold and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Try with freshly chopped vegetables, Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce or Dijon mustard (you can make your own).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:11.