Keto Salt and Pepper Pork Belly
- 2 pounds pork belly
- meat bones
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (flaked)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 onions (quartered)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Score the pork belly skin, taking care not to cut down to the meat, then rub generously with salt and pepper.
- The secret to crispy crackling is to make sure the skin is dry, the salt aids in that.
- Place the pork belly in a roasting pan and add the quartered onions.
- Put the pork belly in the oven and allow to roast for 30 minutes at 400 F, then turn the heat down to 320 F and roast for 25 minutes per 1/2 lb.
- When the pork belly is cooked through, switch the grill/broiler on and allow the skin to crisp.
- Keep an eye on it as it can burn easily.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes then slice and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:22.