Keto Pork Rind
- 400 grams pork rind (raw)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat fan forced oven to 200C/390F.
- Trim any excess fat off the pork until the rind is 3-4mm or 1/15 of an inch thick.Score the skin side of the pork rind in a square or diamond pattern with a sharp knife, this will help to break apart the rind after it is cooked.
- Rub both sides of the rind with salt.Add the olive oil to the base of your roasting pan and place the rinds into the pan skin side up.Place the roasting tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn the rind over so it is skin side down and return to the oven.Allow to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- After that 10 minutes remove the tray from the oven and pour off any excess fat, this can be kept for future cooking.Return the rind to the oven and cook for anther 10-15 minutes until the skin has bubbled and the fat on the underside has crisped.When the rinds are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut or break into small pieces and enjoy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:59:31.