Bacon Wrapped Sausage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 500 grams pork tenderloin (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 1 white onion (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 grams gluten (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 14 slices bacon (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- Prepare the filling.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Place on a pan greased with ghee and cook over a medium-high heat for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove the sausage casing and place the sausage meat in the pan with onion and garlic.
- Break into smaller pieces with a spatula.
- Cook until the meat is browned from all sides.
- This will take just 6-8 minutes.
- Then, use a slotted spoon and transfer the meat in large mixing bowl.
- Add the sage and flaxmeal and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F.
- Prepare the tenderloin (also known as pork fillet in the UK as opposed to pork loin which is much bigger).
- Cut the tenderloin lenghtwise almost all the way through leaving out about 1/2 inch (1 cm) so you can then open the tenderloin like a book.
- Cover the tenderloin with a piece of cling film and evenly pound the meat with a meat tenderiser/ mallet until about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thin.
- When done, set aside.
- Prepare the "bacon net".
- Lay 7 thin stripes of bacon on a chopping board.
- Then lay the remaining half of the bacon strips over in an alternating order ...
- to create a bacon net.
- Put the pounded tenderloin over the bacon net and place the sausage stuffing in the middle so you can tightly roll it up lenghtwise.
- Move the rolled tenderloin to the edge of the bacon net and roll it to wrap it round the tenderloin (be careful not to spill the filling).
- Secure the edges of the tenderloin with two toothpicks on each side so the sausage stuffing stays inside.
- Place the tenderloin on a rack or baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 63-68 °C/ 145-155 °F depending on how well done you like it to be.
- If the bacon is not crisped up enough, place under a broiler for a few minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks.
- Try with Ultimate Keto Gravy or Keto Cheese Sauce, crispy greens or Keto Cauli-Mash.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:18.