Keto Roasted Tomato Jalapeno Cheddar Soup
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the tomatoes, jalapenos, and garlic cloves on a rimmed baking sheet or a 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Drizzle the oil over the top along with a few generous sprinkles of salt and pepper.
- Toss well to combine.
- Roast for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes have begun to caramelize.
- Transfer to a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Alternatively, you can puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor and then return it to the pot.
- Add the shredded cheese, a handful at a time, and stirring in between additions to allow each handful of cheese to melt.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of cheese, if desired.
- Calories 292 | Fat 26.1g | Protein 11.3g | Carbs 8.3g | Fiber: 1.5g
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:45.