Keto New York Cheesecake
- 2 cups almond flour (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 5 drops stevia
- 900 grams full fat cream cheese (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 20 drops liquid stevia (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 lemon (unwaxed)
- 2 large eggs
- 100 milliliters double cream (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups blackberries (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F (fan assisted).
- Mix the ground almonds and butter in a bowl to form a dough.
- Lightly grease a non-stick 9 inch/ 23 cm loose bottom cake tin to prevent sticking.
- (Line the base with greaseproof liner if required.) Press the almond mix into the base of the tin and cook for 10 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Turn up the oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted).
- Add the erythritol, arrowroot and cream cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk using an electric whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Slowly add the cream and whisk till smooth.
- Stir through the lemon zest and vanilla.
- Spoon the mix onto the base and level with a spatula.
- Loosely cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- (This prevents the cheesecake going too brown on top).
- Remove the tin foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Loosen around the cake sides with a palate knife.
- This prevents the cheesecake cracking as it cools.
- Allow to fully cool and then place in the fridge to set (4 hours to overnight).
- Whip the cream until thick.
- Spread evenly on top of the Keto cheesecake using a palate knife.
- Slice and serve! Store in fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Option to blitz the fresh blackberries and serve on top.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:29.