Keto Miracle Pie
- 1 cup almond flour (– use the super fine blanched stuff if you can find it, it turns out like a sugar cookie!)
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1/2 butter (a stick of)
- 1 block cream cheese (– use the super fine blanched stuff if you can find it, it turns out like a sugar cookie!)
- 1 package sugar free Jell-O Gelatin (– use the super fine blanched stuff if you can find it, it turns out like a sugar cookie!)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Microwave half a stick of butter for a few seconds to melt it.
- Add almond flour and erythritol, mix together.
- Don’t let your evil little kitten “help.”
- Really, Lucifer? Lube up a pie pan (I used Pam) and pat the mixture out into it.
- Stab it repeatedly with a fork, or else it will adhere to the bottom of the pan, no matter how much oil you used.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown and it looks, well, done.
- Anyway, while it’s baking, dump everything else into a bowl and whip until it forms stiff peaks.
- Use whatever flavor of jello you like.
- I’ve made strawberry, cherry, orange, raspberry… the options are limitless.
- Or well, limited by what flavors of jello you can find.
- I bet key lime pie and lemon would be really good, if you liked those flavors.
- I don’t, so I haven’t tried it.
- My favorites are the orange (dreamsicle!!) and strawberry.
- Then take that glorious, luridly-colored filling and dump that shit into your pie crust.
- Just dump it all in there.
- Smooth it out with a butter knife or a spatula, whatever.
- Voila!!! Technically, your Miracle Pie is done at this point.
- I ain’t even mad if you eat some of it (I do).
- But it turns out even better if you let it set in the fridge for about an hour.
- It gets denser and more delicious.
- Now I hate having to add a disclaimer here, but it seems like I always get comments on how my calories and carbs and shit are off.
- As you can tell, I used Neufchatel instead of full fat cream cheese, and my Kroger Natural sour cream has less carbs than most other sour creams I’ve found, etc etc.
- So YMMV based on what exact ingredients you use.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:52.