Keto Mini Cream Puffs
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (room temperature)
- 20 drops liquid stevia (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (room temperature)
- 13 2/3 ounces coconut milk (room temperature)
- 30 drops liquid stevia (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.Make the puffs: In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese and the egg yolks - separate the whites out and add to another medium mixing bowl.Add cream of tartar to the whites and beat the egg whites to stiff peaks - set aside.Add 20 drops liquid stevia and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the cream cheese and yolk bowl, and beat using a hand mixer until combined.Fold the whites into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula until fully combined.Distribute the puff mixture into a 24 cup silicone mold (linked in the blog post above).
- You can also use a larger mold such as a cupcake mold, but you will have larger cream puffs.Bake for 25 minutes.
- If using a larger mold bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.Make the filling: remove all the hardened coconut milk from the can and transfer to a large bowl.
- Whip it up until smooth in consistency.Add in 30 drops liquid stevia and the coconut flakes and combine.Fill a ziploc bag with the cream, cut the tip and pipe it onto half of the puffs.
- Top all the creamed puffs with the other halves.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:23.