Keto Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound bacon (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 1 turnips (small
- 1 red onion (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 3 cups spinach (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (thick-cut, 450 g)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Cut the bacon into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crisp, ant then remove from the oven.
- You can use the bacon grease for greasing the pan in the next step.
- Heat the reserved bacon grease in a medium pan over medium high heat.
- Add in the turnip and onion, cook until soft about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- Top the turnip and onion with the spinach.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices.
- Pour over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the top then arrange the bacon in a single layer across the top of the casserole.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- To store, keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:11:59.