Keto Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound bacon (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 1 turnips (small,
- 1 red onion (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 3 cups spinach (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 12 large eggs ,
- 1/3 cup whole milk (thick-cut, 450 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt ,
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ,
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (thick-cut, 450 g)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Cut the bacon into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until crisp, ant then remove from the oven. You can use the bacon grease for greasing the pan in the next step. Heat the reserved bacon grease in a medium pan over medium high heat. Add in the turnip and onion, cook until soft about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish. Top the turnip and onion with the spinach. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices. Pour over the spinach. Sprinkle the cheese across the top then arrange the bacon in a single layer across the top of the casserole. Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set. Serve. To store, keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:11:59.