Keto Maple Pecan Protein Bars
- 1 cup coconut (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 20 drops stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 ounce cocoa butter (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- Prepare the Coconut & Pecan Butter.
- Mix the prepared coconut & pecan butter with powdered Erythritol, protein powder, ...
- extra virgin coconut oil, ...
- and maple extract.
- Add stevia and cinnamon (if used).
- Mix until well combined and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat.
- Once completely melted, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Set aside to cool down before using it for coating.
- Using your hands, create 8 bars and place on a tray lined with baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Use your hands ...
- or kitchen tongs to hold the bars so you can coat them in the cooled dark chocolate mixture from all sides.
- Place back on the tray.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top.
- Keep refrigerated, especially if you use coconut oil instead of cocoa butter (coconut oil melts at room temperature).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:43.