Keto Maple Pecan Protein Bars
- 1 cup coconut (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol ,
- 4 tablespoons sugar ,
- 1 cup vanilla (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 20 drops stevia extract ,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ,
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 ounce cocoa butter (& Pecan Butter, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- Prepare the Coconut & Pecan Butter. Mix the prepared coconut & pecan butter with powdered Erythritol, protein powder, ... ... extra virgin coconut oil, ... ... and maple extract. Add stevia and cinnamon (if used). Mix until well combined and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, mix well and turn off the heat. Set aside to cool down before using it for coating. Using your hands, create 8 bars and place on a tray lined with baking mat or parchment paper. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Use your hands ... ... or kitchen tongs to hold the bars so you can coat them in the cooled dark chocolate mixture from all sides. Place back on the tray. Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated, especially if you use coconut oil instead of cocoa butter (coconut oil melts at room temperature).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:43.