Keto Lemon Curd Pie
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes (sugar-free)
- 1/4 almond flour (sugar-free)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (sugar-free)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (sugar-free)
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (sugar-free)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Keto Lemon Curd Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Once the better is melted, remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the sugar-substitute, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Keep mixing until well combined.
- Return the saucepan to stove and whisk in the eggs yolk one at and cook on low heat until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove the lemon curd off the stove and strain into a small bowl.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then store in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Keto Coconut Crust Instructions Combine all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Press the coconut mixture into a 9-inch pie crust pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Once the pie crust is cooked and while it is still warm, press the crust with the back of a metal spoon.
- I find that pressing the crust soon after it’s been cooked allows for a crispier crust.
- Keto Cheesecake Filling Mix the gelatin with the cold water and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar substitute.
- Fold in the prepared gelatin into the cheesecake batter.
- Pie Assembly Instructions Once the pie crust is fully cooked and cooled add cheesecake filling.
- Next spread the lemon curd topping to the cheesecake.
- Allow for pie to fully set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before consuming.
- Store pie in the refrigerator.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:31:10.