Keto Friendly Custard Tarts
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese (fresh, approx. 15% fat)
- 5 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (fresh, approx. 15% fat)
- 1 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup erythritol (fresh, approx. 15% fat)
- 1/16 teaspoon stevia (fresh, approx. 15% fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (fresh, approx. 15% fat)
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon (fresh, approx. 15% fat)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (180°C) and slightly grease a muffin tin with butter.
- Measure out all the dough ingredients.
- Take the two flours and baking powder.
- Combine well with a whisk.
- Melt butter and add vanilla and erythritol.
- Whisk the egg with a fork.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the mozzarella for 2 minutes at around 400W power.
- Stir, using a spatula then add the flours and the butter mixture.
- Mix until combined and add the egg.
- Stir again until batter is combined and the cheese and dough are completely mixed.
- Reheat for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Press and fold some more until the dough is almost entirely one color.
- You might need to do this with your hands, in which case it is useful to wet them a little.
- Reheat the dough for 10 seconds again.
- Roll two halves of the dough to the approximate 1/16-inch thickness (help yourself with placing parchment paper beneath and on top of dough).
- Cut out 12 3 to 4-inch circles and place each into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- The edges should become slightly brown.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:26.