Keto Cream of Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 120 grams unsalted butter ,
- 100 grams white onion (yellow/, – chopped)
- 14 grams garlic (yellow/, – chopped)
- 960 milliliters vegetable broth (yellow/, – chopped)
- 600 grams broccoli (yellow/, – chopped)
- 220 grams heavy whipping cream ,
- 110 grams extra sharp aged cheddar cheese (yellow/, – chopped)
- 250 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese (– room temperature and cubed),
- 4 grams ground turmeric ,
- 17 grams tamari soy sauce
- In a deep soup pot, add the butter and melt over low heat 2. Add the chopped onion and grated garlic and sauté until translucent 3. Add the chopped broccoli and all the broth. Cover with a tight lid and increase heat to medium. Bring to a light boil 4. Add the cubes of cream cheese and the grated extra old cheddar. Reduce heat to medium low and you have a light simmer. Stir in the cheese as it melts and combines in the broth 5. Cook until the broccoli is cooked through but still a bit crispy (about 10 minutes on light boil) 6. Either in a blender or with an immersion wand, chop the broccoli so that you can still see the small bits of broccoli– do not puree to a homogeneous cream (unless you specifically like it that way) 7. Let the creamed broccoli soup cool a bit and then add the heavy cream. Stir well. Serve either warm or cold. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:22.