Keto Cream of Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 120 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams white onion (yellow/, – chopped)
- 14 grams garlic (yellow/, – chopped)
- 960 milliliters vegetable broth (yellow/, – chopped)
- 600 grams broccoli (yellow/, – chopped)
- 220 grams heavy whipping cream
- 110 grams extra sharp aged cheddar cheese (yellow/, – chopped)
- 250 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese (– room temperature and cubed)
- 4 grams ground turmeric
- 17 grams tamari soy sauce
- In a deep soup pot, add the butter and melt over low heat
- Add the chopped onion and grated garlic and sauté until translucent
- Add the chopped broccoli and all the broth.
- Cover with a tight lid and increase heat to medium.
- Bring to a light boil
- Add the cubes of cream cheese and the grated extra old cheddar.
- Reduce heat to medium low and you have a light simmer.
- Stir in the cheese as it melts and combines in the broth
- Cook until the broccoli is cooked through but still a bit crispy (about 10 minutes on light boil)
- Either in a blender or with an immersion wand, chop the broccoli so that you can still see the small bits of broccoli– do not puree to a homogeneous cream (unless you specifically like it that way)
- Let the creamed broccoli soup cool a bit and then add the heavy cream.
- Stir well.
- Serve either warm or cold.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:22.