Keto Cookies and Crème Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (softened)
- 1 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/2 cup almond milk (softened)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line 9 inch circular cake pan with parchment paper and spray with oil of choice.
- Sift the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, erythritol, and salt into a medium bowl and then whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and coconut oil and mix until batter forms into fine crumbs.
- Add the egg and blend until cookie batter begins to stick together and form a ball.
- Transfer the batter into prepared cake pan and press out batter thinly with your fingers until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until center of cookie bounces back when pressed.
- When finished baking, remove pan from oven and let cool.
- Once the cookie has cooled, break the cookie into small crumbles.
- In a large bowl, blend the whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract and erythritol, and whip until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in almond milk and blend mixture until it re-thickens.
- Transfer cream mixture to ice cream maker and churn until ice cream begins to hold its shape.
- Gradually pour the cookie crumbles in while the ice cream maker is churning to evenly mix the crumbles into the ice cream.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:20.