Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes ???? Suuuper Moist
- 58 grams almond flour (lightly toasted)
- 15 grams coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (lightly toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 42 grams Valrhona Cocoa Powder
- 2 egg yolks (lightly toasted)
- 5 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (to taste*)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 42 grams grass-fed butter (lightly toasted)
- 72 grams ricotta (lightly toasted)
- 60 milliliters water
- 1 batch frosting (lightly toasted)
- 1/2 batch buttercream frosting (lightly toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease and dust with cocoa a muffin tray.Lightly toast almond flour in a skillet or pan over medium heat until lightly golden and fragrant, 8-10 minutes.
- Stirring very frequently for thorough browning.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks with sweetener until pale and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Incorporate vanilla extract, butter, and ricotta.
- Add almond & cocoa mixture slowly, alternating with the water and beating until just incorporated.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites onto the chocolate batter gently.
- Spoon batter onto the prepared muffin tray, evening out the top with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the tops are just set.
- Make sure to not overcook them, as they'll be dry rather than fudgy.
- Indulge in one now (it's an order!), and allow the rest to cool before decorating with frosting.
- And store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (without the frosting).
- These type of cakes are actually killer the day after, once all the flavors have had time to mingle.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:23.