Keto Apple Pie Filling Recipe [Low Carb, Gluten Free]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sweetener (monkfruit, or low carb sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 chayotes (large
- 2 tablespoons ghee (monkfruit, or low carb sweetener of choice)
- In a large stockpot, whisk together water, monkfruit sweetener, lemon juice, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add in chayote and ghee and bring to a boil over high heat.Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.Remove from heat.
- If using the mixture as filling for a baking project, set it until needed.
- Otherwise, transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:25:51.