Keto Apple Crumble (i.e. Chayote Squash) 🍏 Sweet & Crunchy
- 32 grams almond flour
- 7 grams coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons Swerve Sweetener (*to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 24 grams grass-fed butter (*to taste)
- 15 grams pecans (*to taste)
- 300 grams chayotes (*to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (*to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (*to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extract (*to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (*to taste)
- vanilla ice cream (*to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.Whisk thoroughly together in a bowl almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Add in butter and rub the mixture with your hands until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Incorporate pecans and set aside.Mix together, in a rimmed baking tray or dish, chayote, Swerve, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and lemon juice (starting with 1 tablespoon, tasting and adding more as needed).
- Add in apple extract, starting with just 1/2 teaspoon, adding more to taste.
- Top with crumble mixture and bake for 25 to 27 minutes, covering the crumble with foil after 10 minutes to avoid excessive browning.Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle, or store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Note that the 'apple' taste intensifies once thoroughly cooled.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:41.