Keto Alpine Poppyseed Cheesecake
- 3 large eggs
- 5 ounces butter (unsalted, softened)
- 4 1/2 ounces erythritol (unsalted, softened)
- 5 ounces poppy seeds (unsalted, softened)
- 1 ounce walnuts (unsalted, softened)
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- 7 ounces sour cream
- 18 ounces curd cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 4 ounces erythritol
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (unsalted, softened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- Ground the walnuts and soak them in rum.
- Let them sit for a while (30 mins) and leave the butter out in room temperature in the meantime.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line a round cake pan (10 ¼” / 26 cm) with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks, and place them in two mixing bowls.
- Using a stand electric mixer, start beating the egg whites until they become quite bubbly.
- Add baking powder and stevia, and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Using a hand electric mixer, mix together egg yolks, erythritol, and crumbled butter.
- Add in finely ground poppy seeds and soaked walnuts.
- Mix well.
- When the batter is smooth, gently fold in the egg whites, using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and even it out with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, try if the crust is baked.
- We use slow cooking on low temperature here so that the crust doesn’t rise too quickly and too unevenly.
- When done baking, let it cool down before pouring the relatively cold filling on, otherwise the crust might fall apart.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:27.