Italian-Style Zucchini Rolls
- 3 baby zucchini (or small, organic, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 14 slices streaky bacon (or small, organic, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1 cup goat cheese (or small, organic, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (or small, organic, 210g / 7.4 oz)
- fruit vinegar
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Using a peeler, slice the zucchini into thin stripes.
- Place in a bowl and add the vinegar.
- Make sure you cover the zucchini from all sides.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the bacon lengthwise and place on a rack or a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until slightly crispy (but still soft) for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a bacon stripe onto each zucchini slice.
- Top with soft goat cheese, a small piece of sun-dried tomato and freshly chopped basil.
- Note: Use drained, chopped sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil.
- In most cases, the oil used is a mixture of sunflower and olive oil.
- I wouldn't recommend using it, as sunflower oil used in such product is almost certainly processed.
- Wrap the zucchini rolls and pierce each one of them with a toothpick.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:18.