Green Buttered Eggs - Keto and Low Carb
- 2 tablespoons organic butter (preferably pastured)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (preferably pastured)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (preferably pastured)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (preferably pastured)
- 4 eggs (organic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a non stick skillet ( I use non toxic ceramic) melt the butter and the coconut oil, for about a minute.Add the chopped garlic and cook on a low flame for about 3 minutes or until the garlic starts browning.At this point add the thyme and brown for about 30 seconds to a minute longer, don't the garlic burn!Add the cilantro and parsley to the pan and cook on moderate flame for about 3 minutes, until starting to crisp.Add the eggs to the pan, cracking them straight in, being careful not to break the yolk.Now cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat to low.Cook for about 4 to 6 minutes until the yolks are set but still soft inside.If you like the yolks runny then cook only 3 to 4 minutes.Serve immediately.Can be accompanied by some breakfast sausage and easy grain free crackers.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:58.