Gluten Free & Keto Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 160 grams almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 155 grams grass-fed butter
- 8 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (freshly)
- 9 grams blackstrap molasses (freshly)
- 160 grams almond butter (freshly)
- Lightly toast almond flour in a saucepan over medium heat, until lightly golden and fragrant (2-4 minutes), tossing it about every so often to keep it from burning.
- Add in the six spices and continue toast it until fully golden and the spices become very aromatic, a minute or two more.
- Add in the butter, sweetener, salt and mix until melted and incorporated.
- Taste for sweetness and salt, and season to taste.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes more until fully browned (and it tastes like speculoos!).Remove from heat and add in almond butter (optional) and cream until fully smooth with a stick blender.
- Alternatively, transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer your keto speculoos cookie butter to a mason jar (or sealable container) and allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Alternatively, transfer to silicon molds and make fat bombs out of it.
- Keep refrigerated (or frozen).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:08.