Foolproof Homemade Coconut Butter
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut (or 5 cups flaked coconut, 300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or 5 cups flaked coconut, 300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or 5 cups flaked coconut, 300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- Place the coconut - shredded or flaked - in a food processor (I use this Kenwood mixer with a food processor attachment that includes the "S blade").
- Start processing until desired consistency is reached.
- If you use enough coconut, you won't need to scrape it from the sides.
- Here is how the coconut looks before blending and after a minute...
- After 3-5 minutes...
- After 7-8 minutes...
- I add the salt at this point and just pulse for a few more seconds to mix it in.
- When the coconut butter is done, it will be runny and will solidify as it cools down.
- Just like coconut oil, coconut butter is solid at room temperature and becomes runny at 24 °C/ 76 °F.
- I store mine at room temperature for up to a month.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:53.