Fluffy Low-Carb Chocolate Pancakes
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup erythritol (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 4 large eggs (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- sugar free syrup
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 3/4 cup berries
- 2 tablespoons strawberries (unsweetened, 34 g/ 1.2 oz)
- Mix the dry ingredients: cacao powder, Erythritol, cream of tartar, baking soda and vanilla powder (or cinnamon).
- Note: Cream of tartar and baking soda act as leavening agents.
- This is how it works: To get 2 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder, you need 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- Instead of this mixture, you can also use gluten and aluminum free baking powder.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the ricotta cheese, and beat using a hand whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a pan with some ghee or coconut oil and once hot, using a spoon or ladle, create small pancakes.
- You can use pancake molds like these to create perfect shapes.
- Cook on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until the top of the pancake starts to firm up and you see bubbles forming on top.
- Then, remove the pancake mold (if used), and flip on the other side.
- Cook for another minute just to crisp up.
- Repeat for the remaining pancakes and grease the pan as needed.
- Enjoy with your preferred toppings or let them cool down and place in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days - or freeze for up to 3 months.
- You can optionally serve the pancakes with full-fat yogurt, sour cream, berries and sugar-free syrup.
- Apart from sugar-free maple syrup, you can make any flavours you like.
- I made cherry syrup using Sukrin Clear syrup and cherry extract.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:28.