Easy Pulled Pork
- 9 pounds pork butt
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons sauce (Liquid Smoke, We use this!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (Liquid Smoke, We use this!)
- 2 teaspoons paprika (Liquid Smoke, We use this!)
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 teaspoons sauce (Liquid Smoke, We use this!)
- The ingredients used above are for a 9lb pork butt.
- Cut pork butt in half and brine for 90 minutes or overnight (preferable) in plastic bags in the brine mixture (split).Combine all dry ingredients for rub and completely coat the brined pork.Combine liquid smoke and mustard and coat seasoned pork thoroughly.Place pork on baking sheet with rack (if you have one) and wrap very tightly with parchment paper and aluminum foil.
- Be sure to coat several times if necessary.Place in 325 degree oven for 3 hours.Take pork out of oven, unwrap completely and turn the oven up to 375 degrees.Place the unwrapped pork back into a 375 degree oven for an additional 90 minutes.
- Internal temp should be 190 degrees.Allow to cool before shredding.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:25.