Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth (We Use This!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 ounces black olives (We Use This!)
- 3 tablespoons butter (We Use This!)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (We Use This!)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (We Use This!)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (We Use This!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (We Use This!)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (We Use This!)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (We Use This!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add butter to medium heat skillet and allow it to melt.
- Once melted stir in the xanthan gum and allow to thicken slightly.Pour in the chicken broth and whisk through the butter and xanthan gum.After a couple minutes, add the chilis, olive and spices and combine well with a whisk.Place the chicken into the skillet and bring to a boil (a couple minutes).
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and place a lid on the skillet.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 20 minutes (until fully cooked through).After 20 minutes, remove the chicken to a plate and shred into preferred size chunks with two forks.
- You can also just cut it into bite sized pieces.Add the sour cream to the skillet and mix throughly combining all the spices, chilis, olives and sour cream.
- Taste test and add whatever additional spices you may want.
- if you prefer more spice increase the chili powder.Place the shredded chicken back into the skillet and combine.
- Top the entire recipe with cheddar cheese and place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or place a lid on the skillet until the cheese has full melted.Serve immediately with our low carb tortillas, over cauliflower rice or on its own and enjoy!This recipe can be stored in a sealable container in the fridge up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 2 months.TIP: This recipe yields six portions.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:10:13.