Delicious Paleo Beef Short Ribs
- 8 beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup marsala wine (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 fresh tomatoes (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- 2 celery ribs (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- carrots (Optional:
- mushrooms (Optional:
- 1/2 cup water (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- Remove short ribs from the package.
- Cut rack into 8 big, beautiful, even pieces.
- Season the ribs liberally with freshly cracked pepper and a few pinches of salt.
- Preheat your skillet and coconut oil or ghee.
- Sautee the ribs until browned on all sides.
- Remove and place ribs in crock pot.
- Add Marsala to the pan and deglaze.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to pan.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Pour everything from pan over the ribs.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Move around everything in the crock pot so that some vegetables are on top and some are on the bottom.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Do not lift the lid except maybe once to turn the ribs over.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:35.