Delicious Lemon-Garlic Keto Pasta Using Yellow Squash
- 3 summer squash
- lemon pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Chop the ends off the three summer squash, and use a vegetable peeler to peel long, full strips from the beginning to end of each squash.
- Keep rotating the squash until you’ve worked your way down to where you can start seeing seeing seeds and then stop – this is usually about three rotations.
- Toss the squash strips in a bowl with a few shakes or twists of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add olive oil to your cast iron pan and put it on medium-high heat for a few minutes until it shimmers.
- If you don’t have cast iron, use a regular frying pan.
- While the cast iron pan is heating, chop garlic, parsley and almonds on the same cutting board and throw them in a bowl.
- Toss the squash into the cast iron skillet for about two minutes until they are al dente.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the garlic, parsley, almond and salt.
- Toss in the pan.
- Squeeze the half lemon over the keto pasta dish, careful not to drop in any seedlings.
- Taste and salt as necessary, and serve hot!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:15.